New Jersey Home Insurance
New Jersey Home Insurance is one of the most important investments you’re likely to make in the protection of your home and the possessions it holds. Insurance is an important tool for helping you begin to put your life back together in the aftermath of a covered event, such as a fire, storm, or home invasion.
What Does New Jersey Home Insurance Cover?
Insurance for homeowners comes in different sizes, shapes, and coverages. It can provide coverage for damage to your home’s structure, theft and damage to the property contents, and personal liability insurance coverage.
These are some of the coverage options important to consider in your policy.
- Dwelling Coverage. Covers the structure of your home for repair or replacement in the aftermath of a covered event.
- Detached Structure Coverage. This coverage extends to garages, sheds, and other detached structures on your property.
- Personal Property Coverage. Refers to your possessions or the contents of your home.
- Loss of Use. If your home is uninhabitable during repairs, this covers dwelling expenses until it is.
- Liability. Provides legal and financial protection for you if injuries or damages occur on your property or by your property.
- Endorsement or Floater Policies. These policies provide additional protection for items in your home valued greater than the maximum coverage under your standard level of insurance protection. They are great ideas for people who have expensive electronics, office equipment, works of art, etc. in their homes.
Why Do YOU Need Insurance for Your Home?
All homeowners need insurance coverage to protect the investment you’ve made in your home. It’s not only the purchase prices that needs protection, but the investment of time, love, attention, and improvements you’ve made over the years.
Damage can come from any of the following covered sources and more:
- Straight-Line Winds
Home insurance helps you begin the rebuilding process after one of these events so you can return to life as normal for yourself and your family.
How Often Should You Review Your Insurance Policy?
Whether your home is destroyed or damaged, you must be able to not only make the repairs or replacement, but also to accommodate new community code requirements too. This sometimes requires more extensive repairs, and costs, than you’d initially imagine.
Couple that with the fact that property values, labor costs, materials costs, etc. are constantly changing with fluctuating markets and inflation, and you need to examine your policy at least yearly to make sure it’s adequate for your needs.
Why Choose Allen & Allen Insurance Agency?
Bergen County, NJ has a long history dating as one of the original four counties in New Jersey. We understand the importance of history at Allen & Allen Insurance, and the many lessons we can learn from long histories.
We bring more than 90 years of history, serving the needs of New Jersey home and business owners to the table and we eagerly anticipate the next 90. You don’t stay around this long in business without high levels of integrity, a strong work ethic, and a solid commitment to customer service during the insurance product selection process and at the time of a claim.
We have two offices to serve the needs of all Bergen county residents. The Hasbrouck Heights office services the insurance needs of homeowners in nearby lower Bergen county cities including: Wood-Ridge, Rutherford and Carlstadt. The Franklin Lakes office is convenient to those who live or work in the northern Bergen county towns like Wyckoff, Midland Park, and Oakland.
Don’t wonder if you have adequate New Jersey home insurance. Call Allen & Allen Insurance today at 800.664.4180 so that we can help you get the coverage you need for your home.